Sunday, February 21, 2010
#3 (this is not a freewrite) Types of Writing in your Field
Athletic training pretty much has one style of writing. The Journal of Athletic Training is a great place to see exactly what kind of writing is done in athletic training. It consists of mostly case studies, which are formal medical evaluations of rare injuries or recoveries. Another type of writing is a meta-analysis, which reviews a bunch of studies to determine the effectiveness of certain things. Also, athletic trainers are constantly researching and designing new experiments. Writing these experiements up and conducting a good literature review is crucial in making a great experiment. Athletic trainers use the AMA format for citations. The case studies are usually presented at annual meetings. I have written a lot of case studies for my athletic training classes and I have a pretty good idea about how to go about it. I really like AMA format because I think it is much neater and concise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment