Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Researcher's Autobiography

I have had a lot of experience in researching. I have written around 10 research papers in the last couple of years. My major is Athletic Training and every semester we have to do some research. Also, I have completed a Research Methods class last semester and it really helped me understand the true meaning of research and how exactly it should be done. There is a lot more to it then looking up information and writing about it. A good research project can take several years to complete. Also, I have found that in order to really write a good research paper, you need to be interested in the topic. What makes me successful at writing is being completely secluded from everyone when I am trying to write. I can not have any distractions or I lose my train of thought and it is very hard to return. The hardest part for me is starting the paper. I usually re-write my first paragraph several times before I move on. Once the introduction is done, I can usually write the rest of the paper in a good amount of time. I do not usually like writing, but I have gotten used to it and I like to believe that I am a good writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment